This herbal tea blend has benefits that can help reduce stomach and intestinal problems, provide antioxidant properties, serve as a digestive aid, acne, zit, and eczema treatment, boost the immune system, and yield anti-inflammatory benefits.*
Video: ‘Wonders of Papaya Leaves’
Papaya leaf (also known as pawpaw and melon tree) has been used in medicinal applications for centuries as it provides almost miraculous results.* Native to many tropical regions, the papaya plant (Carica papaya) also has industrial, culinary, and cosmetic uses. The presence of alkaloids, tannins, flavonoids, glycosides, and saponins in papaya leaf lend to its therapeutic action.*
Some Benefits of Papaya Leaf*
- Anti-malarial. This tea can help prevent malaria via the action of certain compounds found in papaya against mosquito larvae. These compounds can also be effective against dengue fever.
- Ulcers. Papaya leaf tea may be a potential treatment for gastric ulcer and oxidative stress.
- Digestive aid. The enzyme papain assists with protein & carbohydrate digestion and is useful for treating gastrointestinal disorders such as constipation and bowel disorders. Papaya leaf tea may also help digest gluten, a wheat protein, which is difficult for some people to digest and triggers an autoimmune condition (celiac disease).
- Dewormer/parasite remover. Certain properties found in papaya leaf aid in the elimination of intestinal parasites when taken regularly in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Immune system boost. Enhances the production of Th1-type cytokines, small proteins that have a role in regulating the body’s immune system.
- Healthy skin. Can serve as an acne, zit, and eczema treatment due to its antioxidant properties.
- Appetite enhancer. Calms and soothes the stomach, plus increases metabolism.
- Boosts platelet count. Can help manage thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) induced by dengue fever, a bone marrow disorder, or other factors. Some of the proposed mechanisms of action behind papaya leaves increasing platelet count include stabilization of platelet membranes, reduction of platelet destruction, and increased expression of a gene that elevates platelet production (ALOX 12).
- Antioxidant properties. Papaya leaf is rich in several compounds with antioxidant properties (kaempferol, caffeic acid, papain, etc). It also has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties that are useful in treating several ailments, such as skin aging, and chronic disease.
Ginger has anti-viral properties, and its anti-inflammatory properties can ease joint & muscle tissue inflammation induced by overexercise, arthritis, or rheumatism.* Due to its tremendous circulation-increasing qualities, ginger is thought to improve complexion.*
Some Benefits of Ginger*
- Reducing indigestion & gastrointestinal problems such as gas & stomach cramps
- Aids in prevention of internal blood clots
- Reducing headaches & migraines
- Lymph-cleansing properties
- Supporting kidney health
- Colon cleansing benefits as well as reducing colon spasms & cramps
- Combating cardiovascular disease
- Stimulating production of digestive juices
- Improving bowel disorders
- May reduce TIA’s (mini strokes)
- Help to eliminate congestion
- Killing parasites & their eggs because it contains zingibain
- Combating alopecia (spot baldness)
- Reducing sore throat pain & irritation
- Inhibits production of cytokines, which cause pain & swelling
- Inhibiting the enzyme 5-LO, which induces apoptosis (cell death)