Simply Natural / 100% Organic Lemongrass Ginger Root Herbal Tea
Origin: West Africa
What Are the Benefits of Lemongrass Ginger Tea?
Ginger and lemongrass are two herbs you can use to brew tea with several possible health benefits. Research has shown ginger and lemongrass may have the potential to lower your risk of chronic diseases, including cancer. Both herbs have anti-inflammatory properties, and ginger has been found to reduce appetite.
Tea made of lemongrass & ginger is popularly consumed in various countries around the globe because of the medicinal use. It is recommended that lemongrass ginger tea be consumed with honey & without sugar to act as a natural diuretic for people with health issues.
Do not let this humble tea deceive you. It is packed with so much goodness that it can help improve many chronic conditions. Nutrition-wise, it is a good source of vitamins A and C, folate, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and manganese; it also contains minute traces of the B vitamins.
The health benefits of lemongrass ginger tea are tremendous due to its superior anti-microbial, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer properties.
Some prominent benefits of lemongrass are:
• Anemia - Thanks to its high content in iron, which is essential for the synthesis of hemoglobin (the protein in red cells responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the body) lemongrass is helpful for various types of anemia, especially those resulting from iron deficiency.
• Anti-cancer - Various studies show that lemongrass contains citral, an anti-cancer property that could cause cancer cells to die, yet preserves the healthy tissues. However, this does not mean that drinking lemongrass juice/tea alone will heal your cancer; it helps.
• Anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties - Due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties, lemongrass juice/tea can be used as a valuable aid for treating arthritis, gout and inflammation of the urinary tract.
• Bacterial or fungal infection - Thanks to its anti-septic properties, drinking lemongrass tea for a season helps to eliminate bad microorganisms, detoxify and purify the blood, thus keeping bacterial, fungal or yeast infections in check.
• Balsamic action (cold & flu relief) - Due to its content in volatile oils, lemongrass has a beneficial, balsamic action on the respiratory tract. So it can be used to relieve the symptoms associated with flu, cold and hay fever.
• Detoxifying - The anti-oxidant, anti-septic and diuretic effect of lemongrass makes it an important ingredient to be included in the diet when detoxifying. It helps to cleanse and purify the liver, kidneys, bladder, and pancreas and increases blood circulation. The diuretic effect helps carry out the toxins from the process to be eliminated effectively.
• Diabetes - The purifying and cleansing effect of lemongrass tea help to cleanse/detoxify the pancreas and improve its functions, thus lowering blood sugar level in diabetics.
• Digestive health - Lemongrass helps regulate intestinal function and motility due to its anti-microbial properties. It helps to kill bad bacteria and parasites, repopulate the good bacteria in the colon, thus assisting to improve digestive-related problems such as: indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, intestinal bloating, flatulence, stomach spasms, vomiting and cramps.
• Gastritis or Heartburn - A warm mug of lemongrass tea can be very soothing when having gastritis or acid indigestion. Drinking the tea therapeutically will gradually reduce the recurrence of both gastritis and heartburn.
• High blood pressure - The high potassium content promotes diuresis, thereby helping to lower and regulate blood pressure. Regularly drinking lemongrass tea is encouraged.
• High cholesterol - Lemongrass has an anti-cholesterol and anti-atherosclerosis action. It helps reduce both the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine, as well as the oxidation of LDL-cholesterol in the blood, thus preventing one of the first steps in the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
• Insomnia - Insomnia happens due to internal chemical imbalance or nervous disorders. The purifying activities and calming effect of lemongrass help improve sleep.
• Nervous system - Magnesium, phosphorous, and folate are important nutrients needed for healthy functioning of the nervous system. They help improve concentration, memory and the brain’s ability to process information.
• Purifying action - Perhaps the most characteristic action of lemongrass is its purifying effect on the whole body, since it helps eliminate toxins from the body by enhancing the cleansing of the colon.
• Skin health - When blood is purified, circulation is improved; skin health will follow suit. Regularly drinking lemongrass tea helps to improve acne problems, eczema and psoriasis.
• Weight loss - Drinking lemongrass tea helps to melt fats in a detoxifying manner. The diuretic effect helps carry out the wastes in high volume, effectively and quickly, resulting in weight loss.
SOME HEALTH BENEFITS OF GINGER
Protection from some forms of cancer: Ginger might be effective in preventing the development of colon cancer.
• Ovarian cancer treatment
• Reduction in morning sickness and motion sickness
• Anti-inflammatory benefits for arthritic patients
• A boost to the immune system
• Prevention of heartburn and other stomach problems
• Help for migraine
• Protection for kidneys in diabetic patients
• Relief from menstrual cramps
• Cold and flu prevention
Quality: Our teas are 100% free from pesticides and chemicals. They are naturally grown & never fumigated or irradiated, and are hand picked & naturally dried.
Served hot or iced, lemongrass ginger tea is a refreshing accompaniment to many different types of cuisine, or a proper health tonic in its own right. Recommended to take with honey instead of sugar. Lemongrass ginger tea is safe to drink but is not recommended in large quantity for women who are pregnant or nursing. Please contact your physician if you feel you have any serious problems that may require professional treatment.
Recommended Adult Intake: 1 - 2 Servings Per Day
Ingredients: Dried Lemongrass Leaf & Dried Ginger Root
NOTE: Herbal teas with light, delicate blossoms or leaves require somewhat shorter steeping times and lower temperatures than other heartier herbs. We recommend using 1 tea bag per 6 - 8 oz. of near boiling water (180 to 200 F) and steeping 5 to 10 minutes.
This provides a sweeter, better tasting brew while repeated infusions allow you to extract all the nutritional and medicinal benefits from the herb.
Herbal teas can be brewed in porcelain, ceramic, glass, or stainless steel but never in aluminum or other harmful materials. Be sure to cover the cup or teapot while steeping to prevent the loss of fragrant essential oils and other therapeutic and nutritional elements.
Shelf Life: Our products will maintain their freshness and integrity for up to 18 months after purchase. Store in a cool dark place to ensure full shelf life.
Disclaimer: The herbal information on this web site is intended for educational purposes only. The FDA has not evaluated these statements. The information on this web site is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or ailment. The seller assumes no responsibility for any adverse reactions from the use of any products and no employees will be liable for no reason what so ever under any circumstances brought forth by any law or legal proceedings. As with most supplements please consult your doctor before use, especially if you are PREGNANT, NURSING, OR HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION.