Simply Natural / 100% Organic Peppermint Herbal Tea
Scientific Name: Mentha piperita
Origin: United States
Peppermint tea is a naturally caffeine-free tea that is one of the most widely used herbal teas. A mix between spearmint and watermint, peppermint has a strong sweet flavor and is a powerful healing plant. The dried leaves of the peppermint plant can be used to make a tea which is refreshing and can be drunk either hot or cold. Though peppermint herb tea can be enjoyed at any time during the day, you will get extra benefits if you drink it before bedtime.
Some Benefits of Drinking Peppermint Tea
• Peppermint is considered a stomach healer that can assist with irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, stomach aches, diarrhea or constipation.
• Peppermint acts as a cooling carminative that helps to relieve pain in the digestive tract by helping gas to move through your stomach and intestines after you have eaten.
• Many people consume peppermint tea when they are suffering a cold or flu because it is full of calcium, vitamin B and potassium that can give the immune system a boost.
• Those with bad breath can sip peppermint tea to help encourage a more pleasant smell. Drinking peppermint tea on a regular basis is claimed to help to permanently rid you of bad breath symptoms that can be uncomfortable or embarrassing, but the science behind these claims is somewhat debatable.
• The taste and smell of peppermint are known to help relieve stress. Drinking peppermint tea is found to help people sleep more easily at night because of these stress-relieving properties. Some believe that this stress relief that comes with sipping peppermint tea is linked to the immune system boost that this beverage provides.
• Peppermint tea is a known natural decongestant.
• When it comes to weight loss, there’s no all-natural miracle. But you can get some help from peppermint tea! Peppermint tea can act as an appetite suppressant, making it easier to stick to your healthy eating goals.
• If you suffer from hormonal skin problems such as acne, peppermint tea could be a natural solution. Peppermint tea offers a slight boost in estrogen levels to some drinkers, which can help curb these hormonal problems and aid in clearing up acne. If you really want to make sure that you’re reaping all the benefits, try adding peppermint tea to your bath water. It can help soothe burns and rashes as well as other skin inflammations.
Those that have gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD may see an increase in their symptoms while drinking peppermint tea because this tea will relax the stomach muscles and the muscles of the sphincter. This can lead stomach acid to flow up the esophagus and aggravate existing symptoms.
Drinking peppermint tea during pregnancy can cause the uterus to relax which may increase the risk of having a miscarriage. Currently, there is no scientific evidence that specifically notes that drinking mint teas will increase this risk, but those that have a history of miscarriages should take caution and abstain from drinking peppermint tea while they are trying to become pregnant or during pregnancy. It is also advised that people who are breastfeeding avoid drinking mint teas as this can be dangerous for infants and small children.
In some cases it has been found that peppermint tea has negatively interacted with other medications that individuals have been taking. If you are taking any form of over the counter or prescription medications you should take the time to confirm with your doctor regarding whether or not it is safe for you to consume peppermint tea, particularly if you plan on drinking this tea regularly as part of a health regimen. If you have any type of menthol allergy you should avoid drinking mint tea as this increases your risk of side effects. You should also avoid drinking peppermint tea if you suffer from asthma as it can increase your symptoms.
Quality: Our teas are 100% free from pesticides and chemicals. They are naturally grown & never fumigated or irradiated, and are hand picked & naturally dried.
Preparation: We recommend using 1 tea bag per 6-8 oz of near boiling water (180 to 200 F) and steeping 3 to 5 minutes.
Shelf Life: Our products will maintain their freshness and integrity for up to 18 months after purchase. Store in a cool dark place to ensure full shelf life.
Disclaimer: The herbal information on this web site is intended for educational purposes only. The FDA has not evaluated these statements. The information on this web site is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or ailment. The seller assumes no responsibility for any adverse reactions from the use of any products and no employees will be liable for no reason what so ever under any circumstances brought forth by any law or legal proceedings. As with most supplements please consult your doctor before use, especially if you are PREGNANT, NURSING, OR HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION.