Simply Natural / Organic Hibiscus Spearmint Herbal Tea
Hibiscus spearmint tea possesses a multitude of health benefits, thereby making this drink a good herbal supplement. Hibiscus has anti-aging properties, boosts the immune system, weight loss aid, and is an energy booster. There are many more powerful benefits linked to this plant as well. A few benefits of spearmint include: fatigue treatment, nausea and morning sickness relief, sore throat relief, can reduce androgen levels, and stress reducer.
Scientific Name: Hibiscus; Mentha spicata
Origin: United States, Egypt
Tea made of hibiscus Flower (Also known as Sour tea) is popularly consumed in various countries because of its medicinal use. It is consumed with honey & without sugar to serve as a natural diuretic for people with kidney problems and many more other health issues.
The plant looks ordinary but has extraordinary health benefits for humans. Every part of the plant has good health benefits.
Hibiscus leaves are good for health since they contain all the vital nutrients and minerals required by humans. Whether you're looking for an herbal remedy to lower high blood pressure or possibly even high cholesterol, as an alternative to green tea, black tea or a caffeine-free beverage rich in Vitamin C, hibiscus tea may just be your answer!
Hibiscus Tea May Be Even More Beneficial Than Black Tea
A growing body of research suggests that many of the health benefits attributed to tea are largely imparted by its polyphenols. However, green and black tea gets most of the attention in mainstream health reporting. In reality, each type of tea has unique properties due to its special blend of polyphenols, and there is some evidence to suggest that hibiscus tea may outshine black tea in this department.
Lower Blood Pressure Naturally with Hibiscus Tea
Recent studies show that hibiscus tea can lower blood pressure as effectively as some standard hypertension drugs can. Hibiscus is widely consumed around the world as a ruby-colored, lemony beverage (it’s the main ingredient in Red Zinger tea). Hibiscus is safe and, unlike most blood pressure drugs, rarely causes side effects.
How does hibiscus lower blood pressure? Recent research suggests a combination of reasons: It has diuretic properties, it opens the arteries, and it appears to act as a natural angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, which means it slows the release of hormones that constrict blood vessels. In addition, hibiscus boosts immune function and provides valuable antioxidants.
Some prominent benefits of Hibiscus leaves & flowers are:
• Toxin cleaner - Hibiscus leaves & Flower are rich in antioxidants, which can clean your body from harmful and unwanted toxins.
• Reduces blood pressure - Studies on consumption of hibiscus leaf tea have proved to reduce blood pressure in many people suffering with high blood pressure. Hence it is recommended for regular dietary consumption to reduce blood pressure.
• Lowers cholesterol - Hibiscus tea is very effective in lowering LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol levels. Its content helps in preventing build up of plaque on the inside of arteries, thereby lowering your cholesterol levels.
• Weight loss - As mentioned above, hibiscus has antioxidants that help to flush out unwanted toxins. This helps to remove the unnecessary fats and calories accumulated in the body, thus reducing weight. Similarly, a cup of hibiscus tea everyday increases your body metabolism considerably. Increasing metabolism also reduces body weight by a few extra kilos. Thus, hibiscus is good for losing weight and maintaining body fitness.
• Mood regulator - Hibiscus can help regulate the generation of hormones. During menstrual periods, women undergo a lot of hormonal changes, which can make them cranky. To balance these hormones, hibiscus tea is a well-known method. Hibiscus soothes the instant and spontaneous emotional breakdowns women go through during those days. Hibiscus tea is a good remedy for Premenstrual Syndrome.
• Energy booster - Hibiscus tea boosts the body energy straight away. It also re-hydrates the body, which further helps in revitalizing our body. In short, a cup of hibiscus tea can set you free from stress and strain that drains away all the energy from your body.
• Anti-aging - Hibiscus leaves & flowers are rich in several antioxidants. This helps in eliminating many free radicals present in your, hereby effectively slowing the process of aging and in some cases prolonging life.
• Diabetes - Hibiscus extract has shown promise for improving both blood pressure and blood lipid profiles in people with diabetes.
Spearmint tea has been in use since ancient times. This tea originates from the Mentha spicata plant and is native to the Mediterranean regions. A mint tea, spearmint is savored for its refreshingly light aroma as well as its natural, caffeine-free taste. It also has a refreshing effect and can be consumed hot or cold. Spearmint tea has several health benefits and is a good competition to other types of herbal teas.
Some Benefits of Drinking Spearmint Tea
• Spearmint tea helps in curing nausea, which may be caused either after eating something or due to other reasons.
• When consumed as a cold beverage, the tea provides relief to people suffering from sore throat.
• Unhealthy eating habits have become an inseparable part of our lifestyle and indigestion has become a common problem. Spearmint tea, when taken in adequate amounts, effectively treats indigestion of mild nature.
• Aids in natural digestion of food, by supporting the release of bile and stomach juices. It is also quite relaxing and helps calm the nerves.
• Helps treat stomach aches and provides relief within a few minutes.
• Consuming some spearmint tea in the morning can help treat morning sickness.
• Hirsutism is a problem in women that is distinguished by uncontrolled hair growth on the face, breasts and some other parts of the body. This is due to high levels of androgens in the body. Drinking two to five cups of spearmint tea a day can help reduce the level of androgens.
• Spearmint tea is beneficial in treating diarrhea, clearing sinus and in some cases, even treating heartburns.
• Can help treat headaches, fatigue, and stress.
Spearmint is an estrogen-containing herb. Therefore, individuals suffering from hormone imbalance, estrogen dominance, breast or other cancers should avoid taking spearmint without a doctor’s approval.
Quality: Our teas are 100% free from pesticides and chemicals. They are naturally grown & never fumigated or irradiated, and are hand picked & naturally dried.
It is recommended that hibiscus spearmint tea be taken with Honey instead of Sugar. Hibiscus spearmint tea is safe to drink but is not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing. Please contact your physician if you feel you have any serious problems that may require professional treatment.
Recommended Adult Intake: 2 Servings Per Day
Ingredients: Dried hibiscus flower, dried spearmint leaf
NOTE: Herbal teas with light, delicate blossoms or leaves require somewhat shorter steeping times and lower temperatures than other heartier herbs. We recommend using 1 - 2 teaspoons of leaf (1 Tea Bag) per 6 - 8oz of near boiling water (180 to 200 F) and steeping 3 to 5 minutes.
This provides a sweeter, better tasting brew while repeated infusions allow you to extract all the nutritional and medicinal benefits from the herb.
Herbal teas can be brewed in porcelain, ceramic, glass, or stainless steel but never in aluminum or other harmful materials. Be sure to cover the cup or teapot while steeping to prevent the loss of fragrant essential oils and other therapeutic and nutritional elements.
Shelf Life: Our products will maintain their freshness and integrity for up to 18 months after purchase. Store in a cool dark place to ensure full shelf life.
Disclaimer: The herbal information on this web site is intended for educational purposes only. The FDA has not evaluated these statements. The information on this web site is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or ailment. The seller assumes no responsibility for any adverse reactions from the use of any products and no employees will be liable for no reason what so ever under any circumstances brought forth by any law or legal proceedings. As with most supplements please consult your doctor before use, especially if you are PREGNANT, NURSING, OR HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION.