Moringa lemongrass tea is a refreshing blend of Moringa oleifera and lemongrass. The multitude of health benefits associated with Moringa use compounded with those of lemongrass make this drink a good herbal supplement. Moringa is an excellent vitamin source as well as being useful in helping treat gastrointestinal issues, boosting energy levels, and supporting healthy liver and kidney function. There are many more powerful benefits linked to this herb as well. A few benefits of lemongrass include: cold/flu relief, diuretic, blood pressure reducer, and sleep aid. When working in conjunction, Moringa and lemongrass can better serve to reduce inflammation, be a source of antioxidants, remove toxins, stimulate digestion, and reduce cholesterol levels.
The leaves of the Moringa oleifera tree have no parallel in the plant kingdom. The Moringa tree is the most nutritious in the world, with most of its benefits stored in the small green leaves of this unassuming plant.
Known as the Tree of Life, it contains more than 90 nutrients including 40 powerful antioxidants. In fact, practically every part of the plant contains important minerals and is a good source of protein, vitamins, beta-carotene, amino acids, and various phenolics.
Its leaf powder contains all eight essential amino acids required for proper protein synthesis. It is rich in flavonoids, including Quercetin, Kaempferol, Beta-Sitosterol, Caffeoylquinic acid, and Zeatin. Stacked full of nutrients, antioxidants, and vital proteins, it is quite possibly the most amazing botanical ever studied.
Moringa leaves, in fresh or powdered form, can be added to salads, cooked like spinach or other steamed vegetables, or included in soups, curries, and gravies. The leaf powder retains a deep green consistency when fresh - a good sign also that your leaf powder is of a high quality.
Our Moringa Powder is made from 100% pure ground moringa leaves, containing no stems, pods, flowers, or other materials. Moringa powder can be mixed into drinks and sprinkled onto food.
Our Moringa Powder is natural grown, hand picked & contains:
• 90+ nutrients
• 46 natural antioxidants
• 5X more calcium than milk
• 25X more iron than that of spinach
• 3X potassium than bananas
• 10X more Omega 3's than salmon
• 7X more vitamin C than oranges
• 4X more vitamin A than carrots
• 10X more protein than yogurt
• 18 amino acids including all 10 of the essential amino acids
• 40% protein
Some of the Health Benefits of Moringa:
1) Moringa is known for its chelating effects making it perfect for heavy metal detox and estrogen dominance issues.
2) Balances and maintains a healthy hormonal profile.
3) Balances blood sugar levels making it perfect for the treatment of insulin resistance and Type II Diabetes
4) Nourishes eyes, skin, and brain.
5) Improves the cell structure of the body.
6) Is highly anti-inflammatory and has been used for pain management due to reduction of inflammation in the body.
7) Boosts immune system.
8) Boosts metabolism.
9) Enhances kidney and liver profile.
10) Balances moods.
11) Reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
12) Boosts radiance of skin.
13) Promotes normal healthy cholesterol levels.
14) Helps build strong bones and aids in osteoporosis treatment.
15) Eases asthma and other bronchial issues.
16) Has an antioxidant effect on the entire body.
17) Full of beneficial enzymes and is prebiotic helping restore positive balance to gut flora.
18) Increases vitamin and mineral absorption by digestive tract.
19) Boosts sperm count in men.
Also known as: Cymbopogon citratus, lemon grass, oil grass, citronella, citronella grass, fever grass, barbed wire grass.
Tea made of Lemongrass is popularly consumed in various countries because of its medicinal use. It is recommended that lemongrass be consumed with honey & without sugar to act as a natural diuretic for people with health issues.
Do not let this humble grass deceive you. It is packed with so much goodness that it can help improve many chronic conditions. Nutrition-wise, it is a good source of vitamins A and C, folate, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and manganese; it also contains minute traces of the B vitamins.
The health benefits of lemongrass are tremendous due to its superior anti-microbial, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer properties.
Some prominent benefits of lemongrass are:
• Anemia - Thanks to its high content in iron, which is essential for the synthesis of hemoglobin (the protein in red cells responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the body) lemongrass is helpful for various types of anemia, especially those resulting from iron deficiency.
• Anti-cancer - Various studies show that lemongrass contains citral, an anti-cancer property that could cause cancer cells to die, yet preserves the healthy tissues. However, this does not mean that drinking lemongrass juice/tea alone will heal your cancer; it helps.
• Anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties - Due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties, lemongrass juice/tea can be used as a valuable aid for treating arthritis, gout and inflammation of the urinary tract.
• Bacterial or fungal infection - Thanks to its anti-septic properties, drinking lemongrass tea for a season helps to eliminate bad microorganisms, detoxify and purify the blood, thus keeping bacterial, fungal or yeast infections in check.
• Balsamic action (cold & flu relief) - Due to its content in volatile oils, lemongrass has a beneficial, balsamic action on the respiratory tract. So it can be used to relieve the symptoms associated with flu, cold and hay fever.
• Detoxifying - The anti-oxidant, anti-septic and diuretic effect of lemongrass makes it an important ingredient to be included in the diet when detoxifying. It helps to cleanse and purify the liver, kidneys, bladder, and pancreas and increases blood circulation. The diuretic effect helps carry out the toxins from the process to be eliminated effectively.
• Diabetes - The purifying and cleansing effect of lemongrass tea help to cleanse/detoxify the pancreas and improve its functions, thus lowering blood sugar level in diabetics.
• Digestive health - Lemongrass helps regulate intestinal function and motility due to its anti-microbial properties. It helps to kill bad bacteria and parasites, repopulate the good bacteria in the colon, thus assisting to improve digestive-related problems such as: indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, intestinal bloating, flatulence, stomach spasms, vomiting and cramps.
• Gastritis or Heartburn - A warm mug of lemongrass tea can be very soothing when having gastritis or acid indigestion. Drinking the tea therapeutically will gradually reduce the recurrence of both gastritis and heartburn.
• High blood pressure - The high potassium content promotes diuresis, thereby helping to lower and regulate blood pressure. Regularly drinking lemongrass tea is encouraged.
• High cholesterol - Lemongrass has an anti-cholesterol and anti-atherosclerosis action. It helps reduce both the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine, as well as the oxidation of LDL-cholesterol in the blood, thus preventing one of the first steps in the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
• Insomnia - Insomnia happens due to internal chemical imbalance or nervous disorders. The purifying activities and calming effect of lemongrass help improve sleep.
• Nervous system - Magnesium, phosphorous, and folate are important nutrients needed for healthy functioning of the nervous system. They help improve concentration, memory and the brain’s ability to process information.
• Purifying action - Perhaps the most characteristic action of lemongrass is its purifying effect on the whole body, since it helps eliminate toxins from the body by enhancing the cleansing of the colon.
• Skin health - When blood is purified, circulation is improved; skin health will follow suit. Regularly drinking lemongrass tea helps to improve acne problems, eczema and psoriasis.
• Weight loss - Drinking lemongrass tea helps to melt fats in a detoxifying manner. The diuretic effect helps carry out the wastes in high volume, effectively and quickly, resulting in weight loss.Quality: Our teas are 100% free from pesticides and chemicals. They are naturally grown & never fumigated or irradiated, and are hand picked & naturally dried.
Quality: Our teas are 100% free from pesticides and chemicals. They are naturally grown & never fumigated or irradiated, and are hand picked & naturally dried.
Preparation:Served hot or iced, Moringa lemongrass tea is a refreshing accompaniment to many different types of cuisine, or a proper health tonic in its own right. It is recommended that this be taken with Honey instead of Sugar. Moringa lemongrass tea is safe to drink but is not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing. Please contact your physician if you feel you have any serious problems that may require professional treatment.
Recommended Adult Intake: 2 Servings Per Day
Ingredients: Dried Moringa oleifera Leaf, dried lemongrass leaf
NOTE: Herbal teas with light, delicate blossoms or leaves require somewhat shorter steeping times and lower temperatures than other heartier herbs. We recommend using 1 - 2 teaspoons of leaf (1 Tea Bag) per 6 - 8oz of near boiling water (180 to 200 F) and steeping 3 to 5 minutes.
This provides a sweeter, better tasting brew while repeated infusions allow you to extract all the nutritional and medicinal benefits from the herb.
Herbal teas can be brewed in porcelain, ceramic, glass, or stainless steel but never in aluminum or other harmful materials. Be sure to cover the cup or teapot while steeping to prevent the loss of fragrant essential oils and other therapeutic and nutritional elements.
Shelf Life: Our products will maintain their freshness and integrity for up to 18 months after purchase. Store in a cool dark place to ensure full shelf life.