Simply Natural / 100% Organic Spearmint Herbal Tea
Scientific Name: Mentha spicata
Origin: United States
Spearmint tea has been in use since ancient times. This tea originates from the Mentha spicata plant and is native to the Mediterranean regions. A mint tea, spearmint is savored for its refreshingly light aroma as well as its natural, caffeine-free taste. It also has a refreshing effect and can be consumed hot or cold. Spearmint tea has several health benefits and is a good competition to other types of herbal teas.
Some Benefits of Drinking Spearmint Tea
• Spearmint tea helps in curing nausea, which may be caused either after eating something or due to other reasons.
• When consumed as a cold beverage, the tea provides relief to people suffering from sore throat.
• Unhealthy eating habits have become an inseparable part of our lifestyle and indigestion has become a common problem. Spearmint tea, when taken in adequate amounts, effectively treats indigestion of mild nature.
• Aids in natural digestion of food, by supporting the release of bile and stomach juices. It is also quite relaxing and helps calm the nerves.
• Helps treat stomach aches and provides relief within a few minutes.
• Consuming some spearmint tea in the morning can help treat morning sickness.
• Hirsutism is a problem in women that is distinguished by uncontrolled hair growth on the face, breasts and some other parts of the body. This is due to high levels of androgens in the body. Drinking two to five cups of spearmint tea a day can help reduce the level of androgens.
• Spearmint tea is beneficial in treating diarrhea, clearing sinus and in some cases, even treating heartburns.
• Can help treat headaches, fatigue, and stress.
Spearmint is an estrogen-containing herb. Therefore, individuals suffering from hormone imbalance, estrogen dominance, breast or other cancers should avoid taking spearmint without a doctor’s approval.
Preparation: We recommend using 1 tea bag per 6-8 oz of near boiling water (180 to 200 F) and steeping 3 to 5 minutes.
Shelf Life: Our products will maintain their freshness and integrity for up to 12 - 18 months after purchase. Store in a cool dark place to ensure full shelf life.
Quality: Our teas are 100% free from pesticides and chemicals. They are naturally grown & never fumigated or irradiated, and are hand picked & naturally dried.
Disclaimer: The herbal information on this web site is intended for educational purposes only. The FDA has not evaluated these statements. The information on this web site is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or ailment. The seller assumes no responsibility for any adverse reactions from the use of any products and no employees will be liable for no reason what so ever under any circumstances brought forth by any law or legal proceedings. As with most supplements please consult your doctor before use, especially if you are PREGNANT, NURSING, OR HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION.