Some benefits of drinking spearmint tea:*
• Sore throat treatment - Can provide sore throat relief when consumed as a cold beverage.
• Digestive aid - Spearmint tea, when taken in adequate amounts, effectively treats mild indigestion and stomachaches. It can also aid the digestive process by supporting the release of bile and stomach juices.
• Morning sickness - Consuming some spearmint tea can offer some relief from morning sickness.
• Hirsutism treatment - Distinguished by uncontrolled hair growth on the face, breasts and some other body parts in women, this condition is due to high androgen levels in the body. As a hormone-balancer, spearmint tea can help normalize androgen levels.
• Stress relief + energy booster - Can help treat headaches, fatigue, and stress.
• Antioxidant properties - Antioxidants help prevent free radicals from causing cell damage that can lead to cancer, heart disease, or other illnesses.
• Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, & antimicrobial properties - Spearmint can kill germs in the mouth, thus preventing halitosis. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce acne. These properties can also help ward off the cold and flu.
• Memory retention - Sipping spearmint tea could help keep your mind sharp, enhance your focus, and improve long term memory.